Welcome to Bikram Yoga Ormond Beach!
- No reservations are necessary, just come 15 minutes early to any scheduled class
- Intro Offer: $20 for 10 days of unlimited Yoga! Take advantage. Come as much as you can.
- Children over 14 may attend any class if they are 100% ready and able. Children under 14 can do the floor poses and if willing can try our regular class. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions We have had age ranges from 6 yrs. to 86 yrs. young.
What to expect:
- All of our teachers have been trained by Bikram Choudhury at his world renowned teacher training.
- Expect a warm and supportive environment conducive to encouraging deep changes in your body, mind, and life!
- All classes are 90 minutes and designed for all levels of fitness. The room is hot! Be prepared to work hard and sweat.
Some Things to remember are:
- Breathe normally through your nose.
- Try the right way and listen to the instructors. They will guide you step by step through each pose.
- Do the best you can!
- Try to come as much as you can during your intro special, and definitely try to come within 24 hours of your first class.
How to prepare for your first class:
- Eat a sensible meal at least 4 hours before class, drink lots of water all day, and come to class on an empty stomach.
- If you have special considerations, please tell the teacher before class, but have an open mind to try the Bikram way.
- Review our Yoga Etiquette Page.
What to bring:
- All students need to have a yoga mat and a large towel. We also strongly recommend bringing a water bottle to fill up here at the studio.
- We provide mats the first day of your intro, but after that we rent WAYmats for 2.00 and sell them for $60
What to wear:
- You must shower the day you attend class.
- Men: shorts or a bathing suit (some men wear shirts, but it is not recommended).
- Women: exercise top and shorts / dress as light as possible.
- NO COLOGNE, PERFUME, SCENTED OILS, or MENTHOL SCENTS Please.
- And absolutely NO residual smoking smells. Thanks
Who can come:
- Anyone who is healthy enough per their doctor to do a 90 minute exercise class in 100°F heat.
- Do not start Bikram Yoga while pregnant. But do talk to us. We can give you some helpful info and postures you can do!
What to expect after class:
- You might feel very tired after your first few classes. This is normal.
- You might feel very energetic. This is normal too; yoga fills you up with energy!
- You might feel sore or stiff the next day. Just come back to class as soon as possible allow your body to open up!
- You might feel dizzy, nauseous, or have a headache. This is usually due to lack of proper hydration. Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol and caffeine. Also, be sure to breathe throughout class—never hold your breath during a posture.